Tuesday, June 10, 2008

noone's gonna love you

I have a sunburn. I love that.

Today at a middle school pool party a 13 year old boy asked me if "Christ's pain on the cross was derived from the sins of mankind, or the Son's separation from the Father". In case you don't understand how abnormal this is, my next most stimulating conversation was this:

Mitchell: "Nick, can I have a dollar for skittles?"
Me: "No"

Also, I have been leading a group of 4th graders in VBS this week. Jedidiah calls me his "hairy homie". Charlie calls me his leprechaun, and rubs my stomach. They like me because I let them steal the decorations that line the hallways of the church. They respect me because I told them I ate cowballs. They fear me because I accidently threw Louie into a wall. He is so little, and so mischievous.

Why does gas cost so much? Why don't I have a scooter? Why is my room always messy? Why am I scared of the 4th grade girl that sits in front of us in morning assembly and throws hard candies? Probably because the candies that she throws are hard.

Alan loves BBQ.

nicholas david welch

11 comments:

Julie said...

i think this is my favorite of all your posts.

and alans picture topped it off.

hahaha

thomas park said...

That's a pretty serious question that kid asked. I'd suggest investing in him. Like, investing money in his education so you can get rich off of him. But more than likely he'll become like that "into the wild" kid who'll just give all the money away and you'll be really disappointed. I'm totally kidding. But not really.

Shanna said...

SIGUR ROS TOMORROW CAN YOU FEEL IT.

Unknown said...

its supposed to rain tomorrow and friday... you know what this means, right?

alicia said...

I seriously just laughed outloud while reading about your VBS experience...

Random 4th grader: Why are you always late?
Nick: Stop talking.

Haha, you're the greatest. You get a raise.

rachel rianne said...

hey i met your husband.


he really seems like your husband.

karlie nicole cooper. said...

alan looks like he is/should be in the mob.

bec said...

this was very entertaining.

get a phone that receives pictures of bulldogs. kthx bai.

Unknown said...

check off #4,18,29,32,40

10? we can only wish. haha our parents are pervs

Anonymous said...

I wish that I saw you more.

nehemiah said...

my uncle brings mountain oysters every year to Christmas dinner. no one likes them. no one likes him.

hey.