Friday, May 23, 2008

You're just as boring as everyone else


I have been in Arizona since... yesterday. And I don't understand why people wait until I am out of town to call me to hang out.

I have discovered that Arizona has a remarkable amount of wealthy people, or at least the area that I am in does. Yes, I realize that I am from Johnson County, but... whatever. Arizona has things like QuikTrips, Chick-fil-a and In and Out Burger. So I like it. It also has a whole lot of "bro's" which I don't like that much.

We drove through a church CAMPUS the other day. The church is called CCV which stands for something I am sure, I just don't remember. This place is huge. They have baseball fieldS and soccer fieldS. There are at least 12 buildings on the campus, all of which dwarf most churches in America. I realize that I know nothing about the church as far as theology goes, but when they bring in celebrity Jesus (Jim Caviezel) and other things like this, I can't help but think that they could be spending their money on... more important things. But who am I to say? Maybe seeing a paid celebrity in church was exactly what someone needed.

Moving on. I love Kansas City. Arizona is cool, but it makes me realize even more how much I love Kansas City.

Let's hang out starting Wednesday May Twenty Eighth. Two Thousand Eight. Naturally.

nicholas david welch

10 comments:

adam paul said...

thats the day i leave for chicago.
what awful timing.

thomas park said...

dude i love that photo of you. seriously.

Unknown said...

nick you gotta know the knowledge.

i updated.

get back, we have adventures waiting duhhh

Blake said...

i wish i could've visited that there quiktrip with you.

adam paul said...

ps i went to three different qt's today.
you'd be proud.

karlie nicole cooper. said...

LETS HANG OUT SOOOON. there is a QT right by my new house oh yes oh yes.

bec said...

why did you go to arizona?

the other day, there was a huge pyramid of venti cups someone had stacked on the counter that people can sit at in my starbucks. and i thought about how you had threatened to leave a bunch of cups sitting out for me to clean up.

mallory.kiersten said...

YES! quick trip.

"bros"... hilarious.

adam paul said...

amish dont go to quiktrip!?

Shanna said...

i now have a blog on blogger. get psyched.