Thursday, March 27, 2008

The drop claw bad ass.

Let me begin this by saying that you will find an endless assortment of people at Wal-Mart. I wish to discuss with you my newfound favorite genre of shopper.

You know how in the entrances to many a Wal-Mart you will find an assortment of amusement devices? I.e. a horse/car that you can ride for 50 cents, or the ever popular drop claw machine. It was at one of these claws of entertainment that I noticed a pair of young men. These men were slightly older (25 ish) than the acceptable age for playing one of these games, but since the games are so fun, we usually let this rule slide. I would have been willing to ignore them, except for the fact that the one who wasn't playing, was leaning with his back on the glass cage of excitement, toothpick loosely dangling from his dirty mouth, which was muttering obscenities about God knows what. It was a mix between a western (the toothpick) and pathetic (everything else).

The young man who was clawing the stuffed animals was not responsive to the ramblings of his cohort. Probably 8 seconds into his 32nd game of the day, I do not presume him to be innocent in all of this. One can only deduce from various scientific laws (guilty by association) that he, also, is hilarious.

The tandem were wearing baggier pants than I thought were even made, and black t-shirts. probably with some "face melting god slandering" metal band emblazoned upon their breasts.

Do I have a reason for sharing this with you? Of course I do! It is this:

If you ever feel as though you have "arrived", the place to display your greatness, apparently, is at the drop claw machine in the entrance of your nearest Wal-Mart.
nicholas david welch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're hilar

Anonymous said...

alan and i read this. i read it faster than alan.