Saturday, March 22, 2008

moovees

Spring break was short lived, and unproductive. I should have worked on my research paper, alot, and I didn't. I should have made money, and what little money I made, went straight to paying my parents off, for different things.

I like Wes Anderson movies, I think you would too if you watched all of them. Almost every scene in his movies are incredible.

iTook a 3 hour nap earlier today, and iStill feel like iCould fall asleep right now. Supposedly you can "over sleep", and obviously you can "under sleep", but why can't I just sleep somewhere in between there? I am always tired. Maybe i have mono.

You know what was great? Comedy, back when Chevy Chase and Bill Murry's style was funny. Nowadays we just have these idiots like D.L. Hewgleee or whatever. And what is with these Martin Lawrence movies? They are all the same? And even if there is a funny movie that comes out, it is absurdly inappopriate, to the point that it almost isn't funny (i.e. superbad).

DO YOU KNOW WHAT MOVIE RULES?! King of Kong! Seriously, if you have not seen this, go watch it immediately. I am serious. While I am at it, here is a list of movies that you really do need to see:

Into the Wild
I dont even know where to start, but this movie is awesome. The message it delivers regarding family, and community is great. Good father-son film.

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
This movie is a slow burner, if you need to be entertained by non stop action car crashes and crap like that, get over it. Because this movie is awesome. Casey Affleck. Enough said. I think he probably played the role of Robert Ford perfectly.

Life Is Beautiful
If you have never cried in a movie, you will cry in this one. If you don't cry in this one, you are an awful person. Basic gist: family is put in a concentration camp, and the father keeps the son alive and hidden by pretending the whole thing is a game. Watch it.

Juno
A friend of mine, Mark, wrote a review about this movie, and he made the observation that Juno is so cool to us, because she just is who she is. I would also add that she is cool to us because she is in a movie, and funny, and since we are watching the movie, we give her a chance, and we get to know her, and realize that she really is funny. If she actually went to your high school, she might not be so popular. Nonetheless, it is a good movie. Michael Cera PWNS.


MOVIES TO BE EXCITED FOR:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
(in theatres may 22)
Is Harrison Ford old? Perhaps. Will the newest installment of Indiana Jones PWN?! yes.
Another good father-son movie.


That is all for now. Watch all of those.

There is a video that I recently saw, of two nickelback songs that were played on top of each other, and (surprise) they are almost the exact same song musically. I suggest you go find that video, it's worth it.

McCoy's. 8 oclock tonight. be there.

nicholas david welch

7 comments:

Blake said...

indeed my friend

adam paul said...

your punctuation is hideous.

Julie said...

nick, i had no idea you were such a consistent blogger.

props.

literally, can i actually give you props? some blogs do that.

okaybye.

rachel rianne said...

duuuuuude.
welcome back to blogland.
i skimmed through your last few posts,
and i wanted to say,
i agree about juno.
i'm living in portland this summer,
so you should too.
mike huckabee IS funny. and honest.
and i didn't hate him.
and i hate it when people don't ask what's wrong when you say something's wrong.


and hey,
i learned how to play backgammon on my plane trip from india yesterday.
does that mean i can join you and barrett's cool club?

Sarah said...

So I was glimpsing over your profile and under Favorite Books I read:

Catheter in the Rye

No joke. I did a double take in disbelief.

It says Catcher.

Gross and what a relief.

I would love to come see all my friends in Manhattan. I don't think school will allow. But I will try. I will also try and bring someone cool along so you can hang out with them. You convince them because I won't be able to.

Sarah said...

And by gross I meant...that it would be catheter in the rye.

I really liked that book. The Catcher one that is.

Anonymous said...

I'm related to Jesse James.

I wish I was related to you.