Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Man, that's just the pits!



That is a picture I took of a park in Portland Oregon. Who wants to move there with me?

I know what you are thinking, "2 posts in 2 days? What am I dreaming or something?!"
You aren't, I just don't feel like studying the minor prophets right now. If anyone is noticing that I am using proper grammar/punctuation/capitalization, feel free to congratulate me.

Let me tell you something, if there are two games that God put on this earth to make me happy, they would be backgammon and scrabble. I am only decent at backgammon, scrabble on the other hand... let me just say that in a coffee shop today an elderly woman, named Vivian, informed me that I was "pathetic" upon observing my lack of scrabble skills. I am not making that up.

I have been browsing some other blogs (stalking) and I have noticed that my posts are significantly shorter than the average post. I would like to point out, that I do not wish to raise my own standards, rather, I would like you all to lower yours. Resist the urge to write everything you feel is necessary, because I assure you, it is not. Most days I do not have the courage or gumption to read your post in it's entirety, even if it is very spiritual. This is not entirely true, but it is fun for me to be cynical when I write.

I don't like it when you are friends with people, and then all of a sudden, you can't be. That sucks, trust me on that one.

If anybody is good at making these blogs look cool, please alert me that you are, so that I can enlist your services.

Here is a list of dogs that I want, if any of you were curious.
Bulldog- named Cassius, Cash for short, naturally
Weimeraner- named William, not Will
Great Dane- named Mitch, because that's my uncle's name
Bloodhound- named Clark, because that is an intelligent name, and bloodhounds don't look intelligent.

Also, this is the most important part of my post today, I still really want to hold a koala. If you know anyway of making this happen, shy of writing a letter to a zoo and telling them I am dying of cancer, then please let me know.

nicholas david welch

3 comments:

Blake said...

I was impressed with your grammatical skills.

They make me reconsider being an english major, seeing as how I'm terrible at such things.

I will learn (I hope)

adam paul said...

hahahaha.

i'm glad you got to meet vivian.
what a hoot.


clark is a riot.

Anonymous said...

How do you play Backgammon?
Can we partake in such a thing?
Please say yes.
Also let's crochet soon.