Friday, April 25, 2008

Blog Pressure

I apologize for the second consecutive blog dedicated to blogging, but there is something that I think I need to address. Which coincidentally, again is about blogging frequency. I feel pressured (most likely from myself) to update my blog about every two days, but sometimes I have nothing to say... and I don't want to waste your time, or mine. On the other hand, I enjoy reading about your lives, so I would appreciate it if you did not follow my example in sporadic blogging.

Next, I would like to talk briefly about professionalism. I just sat through a presentation given by a fellow student, this presentation was supposed to be around 20 minutes in length. We were given the whole semester to prepare for this presentation, so clearly it will be a large portion of our grade. In the first slide of his speech he spelled the word "salavation" which should have been "salvation". Once he noticed that he misspelled the title of his presentation he informed us that "once he was finished writing his paper, he was too tired to care about putting his presentation together". You wouldn't think that the presentation could go downhill from there, but believe me, it could, and did. There were a minimum of 3 misspelled words per slide, and the slideshow lasted about 10 minutes. His project was an exegetical one, but he spent the majority of his time discussing his opinion, which shouldn't really even be discussed in an exegetical research.

I couldn't help but be a little bit annoyed by it, I mean, we are in college, and the majority of people graduating from my school will be working in a church within a few years. It just seems as though we should display a certain level of professionalism. Or at least a certain level of intelligence. Not that I am all that intelligent or professional myself...

Anyway... have a good weekend everyone. My semester is easy starting now, so let's hang out.

nicholas david welch

7 comments:

Blake said...

I was subjected to some blog pressure this morning.
that's all.

bec said...

i bet that guy in your class who did a presentation about 'salavation' writes blogs about people who blog about blogging.

not really though.

typos kill me. especially when i am the one who makes them. maybe even more especially when they involve the words 'about' and 'it'.

not sure if asshat is the first word that comes to mind when i picture you or erin...but that starbucks oracle, it's just so relevant.

Anonymous said...

To my fellow Asshat,

Were you really that surprised that we would be the same? Enjoy a sophisticated drink tomorrow at a local coffee-shop and I shall do the same.

Erin

ps - what was your exegetical presentation on? The nerd in me is curious.

Shanna said...

i don't really care about your exegetical nonsense. i just want more blogs!

adam paul said...

at least you capitalize things.

Sarah said...

Well if you are an asshat, then I am lame.

That oracle sure knows what it's talking about. I mean, I LOVE America's Funniest Home Videos. That Bob Saget gets me every time.

Julie said...

what shanna said.